When everything FEELS too much…
The root cause of overwhelm could be different from one person to the next.
What I have found with myself is when I get to overwhelm it’s usually because I don’t allow myself to be supported.
Overwhelm is trapped emotions from earlier events where we internalised events to make us feel:
✨ Not worthy of support and feel like a burden to ask for it.
✨ Felt judged when someone found out their were struggling and didn’t get the support they needed from them.
✨ Not safe to ask for support.
✨ Feel incompetent if they couldn’t do something on their own, made to not feel good enough.
Nobody has a perfect life and nobody has it ‘all together’ every moment of every day.
If you are struggling right now, please understand that every person you know has also struggled at some point and it’s totally ok to not be ok sometimes.
Here are four steps to release emotional overwhelm.
1. Notice your emotions– Pay attention to how you feel on a daily basis. Label your feelings at any given moment.
2. Sit with your emotions– be present with your emotions, they will naturally pass and be released.
3. Circulate your emotions– we are not born to stay stagnant. Movement changes our mental and emotional state.
4. Release your emotions– emotions come up to be acknowledged then released.
5. Be in the moment – think about one moment, task at one time.
While there is no way to know exactly what life has in store for us, there are ways to build up emotional strength so we can better handle life’s challenges.
When you take time to learn what triggers stress and anxious thoughts you can better manage overwhelm.
I am here for you ✨
If you love this, sign up to my newsletter for updates, freebies and other useful things for your healing journey.